Wright Electric, Inc. (Wright) is a U.S.-based company developing the world’s first zero-emissions commercial aircraft. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of aerospace engineers and powertrain experts. By focusing its resources on the technological and component challenges to electrification, Wright Electric is establishing the path towards a carbon-free aviation footprint. The Wright Spirit will incorporate Wright’s megawatt-class electric propulsion system and serve the 100-passenger market for one-to-two-hour flights. Wright works with airlines such as easyJet and VivaAerobus and has development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is looking for a Power Electronics Engineer with 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing power converters for electric motor drives. This position will play a key role in the research, design, and development of products for the electric aircraft industry. This is a stable, rapidly growing company with a well-known brand for the electric aircraft industry. In this role, you will design, develop, and test low and medium voltage power converters and inverters. You must be familiar with power electronics hardware and software, including wide bandgap semiconductor devices, variable frequency motor drives, and common power converter architectures while operating in a multi-disciplinary team including motor developers and power system architects to achieve technical goals.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 5 years of actual professional power electronics design experience is required
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required; Master of Science is preferred
- Experience designing circuits, including using LTSpice, Simulink or similar modeling environments
- Experience working with PCB design software such as Altium
- Ability to work with team of Senior Engineers across departments
- Experience in motor controls
- Previous experience with wide band-gap semiconductors
- Experience analyzing and defining inverter requirements,
- Proficiency in Simulink, Matlab, Python, or other similar programming languages
This position requires the ability to obtain access to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other government facilities. Access to the facilities requires a background investigation by the U.S. Government.
Wright offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- PTO and paid sick time
- Retirement benefits
This position is located in the United States in Malta, NY. On-site presence is required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.