Wright Electric, Inc. (Wright) is a U.S.-based company developing the world’s first zero-emissions commercial aircraft. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of aerospace engineers, and powertrain experts. By focusing its resources on the technological and component challenges to electrification, Wright Electric is establishing the path towards a carbon-free aviation footprint. The Wright Spirit will incorporate Wright’s megawatt-class electric propulsion system and serve the 100-passenger market for one-to-two-hour flights. Wright works with airlines such as easyJet and VivaAerobus, and has development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is seeking a Senior Battery Engineer to join our team. Wright has built a world class aircraft and electric propulsion team, and the Senior Battery Engineer will serve as the go-to-expert for all things related to energy storage and propulsion, including battery technologies and cell electrochemistry. You will work closely with cross-functional team members, such as the power electronics and motor team, to design and verify requirements at the component and integration level for the Wright propulsion system. The Senior Battery Engineer will work directly with Senior Engineers on assigned projects and coordinate with a multidisciplinary team.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 10 years of actual professional experience developing and testing energy storage systems is required (graduate studies included)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Chemical, or other relevant Engineering is required; Master of Science is preferred
- Must have prior experience with energy storage systems and doing research and development with cell and system performance
- Experience with aerospace and aviation propulsion systems preferred
- Knowledge of government regulations and standards that impact and constrain aircraft design details
- Experience working in a cross-functional technology and product development team to manage risk and requirements
Full-time, permanent, direct-hire position.
This position may require the ability to obtain access to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other government facilities. Access to the facilities requires a background investigation by the U.S. Government.
Wright offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- PTO and paid sick time
- Retirement benefits
This position is located in the United States and requires ability to work in the United States, but does not require relocation at the present time. Continued maturation of the Wright propulsion system and aircraft may require relocation to the Albany, New York region in the future.
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.