Wright Electric, Inc. (Wright) is a U.S.-based company developing the world’s first zero-emissions commercial aircraft. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of aerospace engineers, and powertrain experts. By focusing its resources on the technological and component challenges to electrification, Wright Electric is establishing the path towards a carbon-free aviation footprint. The Wright Spirit will incorporate Wright’s megawatt-class electric propulsion system and serve the 100-passenger market for one-to-two-hour flights. Wright works with airlines such as easyJet and VivaAerobus, and has development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is looking for a software engineer to design, develop, document, test, and debug control and diagnostic systems for the Wright Propulsion systems. You will conduct work with the Power Electronics department in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product software. You will ensure hardware and software standards are met. You will design and implement procedures to support hardware and software development. You will conduct routine reviews, analysis and/or tests to evaluate software product designs, methods, or processes and complete required technical documentation by applying engineering principles and company standards, and generating reports, procedures, or change proposals as required.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 3+ years of actual professional Software Engineering experience is required
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is required; Master of Science is preferred
- Must be proficient in C and VHDL, Python, and Code Composer
- Experience analyzing and defining software requirements, documenting design, developing and integrating software C code onto micro-processor based embedded hardware platform
- Experience collaborating in a team environment to develop assigned portions of design by analyzing specifications and performance requirements
- Ability to code complex software systems or system components by applying specifications, naming conventions, and syntax
- Ability to work with team of Senior Engineers across departments
- Familiarity with motor controls desired
- Experience with DO-178 Standards.
- Should be familiar with requirements for flight worthy software and testing.
- Experience with control theory, motor controls, high voltage environment and voltage isolation, VHDL, Hardware debug, EMI/EMC issues, PCB layout, high frequency ADC, Digital Signal Processing, software filters, bare metal OS, timing analysis, frame balancing, interrupt timing and prioritization, real-time controls, safety critical controls, multi-channel controls and voting circuits, and the aerospace industry.
Full-time, permanent, direct-hire position.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other government facilities. Access to the facilities requires a background investigation by the U.S. Government.
This is an urgent need and we will be able to interview and hire during COVID-19.
Wright offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- PTO and paid sick time
- Retirement benefits
This position will be based on-site in Malta, NY (NY Capital Region).
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.