Wright Electric, Inc. (Wright) is a U.S.-based company developing the world’s first zero-emissions commercial aircraft. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of aerospace engineers and powertrain experts. By focusing its resources on the technological and component challenges to electrification, Wright Electric is establishing the path towards a carbon-free aviation footprint. The Wright Spirit will incorporate Wright’s megawatt-class electric propulsion system and serve the 100-passenger market for one-to-two-hour flights. Wright works with airlines such as easyJet and VivaAerobus, and has development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is looking for a Power Electronics Control Engineer with 5+ years of experience in designing and implementing controls for power converters and/or electric motor drives. This position will play a key role in the research, design, and development of products for the electric aircraft industry. This is a stable, rapidly growing company with a well-known brand for the electric aircraft industry. In this role, you will prepare and review detailed technical specifications for the control of high voltage power converters and inverters. It is desired that the candidates will have experience with developing, designing, and testing control systems and ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary team including motor developers and power system architects to achieve technical goals.
Requirements for this position include:
- Minimum 5 years of actual professional controls and/or software experience is required
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering is required; Master of Science is preferred
- Must have experience in motor controls
- Must be proficient in Simulink, Matlab, or other similar programming languages
- Experience designing circuits, including using LTSpice, PSIM and PSpice simulations
- Experience with Analog circuits and PCB board layout
- Experience working with Altium and/or KiCAD
- Ability to work with team of Senior Engineers across departments
- Familiarity with C and VHDL, Python, and Code Composer
- Experience analyzing and defining software requirements, documenting design, developing and integrating software C code onto micro-processor based embedded hardware platform
- Ability to code complex software systems or system components by applying specifications, naming conventions, and syntax
Full-time, permanent, direct-hire position.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other government facilities. Access to the facilities requires a background investigation by the U.S. Government.
This is an urgent need and we will be able to interview and hire during COVID-19.
Wright offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- PTO and paid sick time
- Retirement benefits
This position is located in the United States in Malta, NY. On-site presence is required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.