Business Development Manager (Full-Time)
About Wright Electric
Wright is a U.S.-based company developing solutions to power a zero-emissions world. Since our founding in 2016, Wright has focused on electrifying short-haul aviation by developing cutting-edge electric propulsion systems, generators, and battery technologies. Our team of aerospace engineers and powertrain experts work with airlines, such as easyJet and VivaAerobus, and have development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is seeking someone to help complement and accelerate the CEO’s priorities, namely scaling the commercialization of our 1MW motor, as well as future ventures in generators and battery technology. The day-to-day responsibilities will vary based on the company’s needs, ranging from drafting a press release to announce a new breakthrough, attending conferences with the CEO to meet with prospective clients, or researching competitors to improve our sales pitch. This position will be directly supporting the CEO.
We are seeking an experienced candidate comfortable in fast-paced environments. The ideal applicant will have a background in consulting/finance and/or another “tough tech” start-up. We care more about your willingness to grow and help our CEO succeed over any particular brand.
Baseline characteristics we are looking for:
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office/Google Suite
- BA in business, finance, and/or engineering
- 2-3 years in experience in consulting, finance, or similar start-up
- Doesn’t need to be asked twice (or sometimes at all) to do something
What would set you apart from the pack:
- A talent for translating “technical language” into something accessible for non-engineers
- Experience with business development with federal agencies like the DoD or NASA
- Experience with creating marketing materials and social media plans
- Experience with grant proposals for SBIR and similar programs
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and performance
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- PTO and paid-sick time
- A rare, ground-floor opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving hard challenges and changing the world
NY based with ability to meet periodically with CEO in NYC. Open to remote candidates.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.