Wright Electric, Inc. (Wright) is a U.S.-based company developing the world’s first zero-emissions commercial aircraft. The company was founded in 2016 by a team of aerospace engineers, and powertrain experts. By focusing its resources on the technological and component challenges to electrification, Wright Electric is establishing the path towards a carbon-free aviation footprint. The Wright Spirit will incorporate Wright’s megawatt-class electric propulsion system and serve the 100-passenger market for one-to-two-hour flights. Wright works with airlines such as easyJet and VivaAerobus, and has development contracts with NASA and the U.S. Department of Energy ARPA-E.
Wright is hiring a mechanical engineer who will contribute to the development of Wright Electric’s motor and power programs. The engineer will support a variety of tasks including: mechanical design of electric motors, test fixtures, and laboratory testing. The ideal candidate is assertive, pragmatic, hands-on, with excellent communication skills. Experience with generators is a plus.
Requirements for this position include:
- Desired 2 years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related field is required
- Must be proficient in CAD software, such as Solidworks or Onshape
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational and follow-through skills
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the company to accomplish common goals
- Experience with generators
- Familiarity with Industrial equipment, such as pumps and variable speed drives
- Capable of owning tasks from beginning to end
Full-time, permanent, direct-hire position. Ability to work in a laboratory environment is required.
This position requires the ability to obtain access to National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Department of Defense (DoD) and other government facilities. Access to the facilities requires a background investigation by the U.S. Government.
Wright offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- PTO and paid sick time
Malta, New York. On-site presence is required.
Drug Free Workplace:
Wright Electric is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.