Industry breakthroughs in weight, size, and performance
Wright's electric motors and motor controllers are highly powerful and versatile. In addition to aerospace, the Wright propulsion system can serve other industries, including maritime and transportation engineering, and is compatible with any fuel source.
The Wright Motor
Disrupting 100 years of electric machines
Wright is developing megawatt class, altitude-capable electric motors for high performance altitude and ground-based applications.
- 2 MW - 2x improvement in size over megawatt scale motors being demonstrated in the aerospace industry
- 10kW/kg specific power - a 2x improvement compared to available aircraft propulsion motors
- Scalable from 500 kW to 4 MW for different applications
- Allows application of the motor up to the single-aisle class aircraft, to enable electric and hybrid-electric flight with little to no emissions
- Wright will use 10 2MW motors on its Wright 1 aircraft - that's a total of 20 MW, which is as powerful as an A320 Airbus aircraft
The Wright Inverter
High frequency, medium voltage
Wright's inverters are designed for a high-frequency drive. The Wright inverter has a 300 kHz high-frequency output, compared to standard inverters which have 50 kHz to 100 kHz frequencies.
Wright's inverter uses a novel switching technology which reduces total losses by a factor of two over similarly rated systems.
- 2 MW
- 300 kHz frequency output
- 1,000 V voltage
- 20 kW/L volume
- 2x loss reduction
Wright inverters are twice as power-dense and can be integrated into our motor and cooling system.
The Wright Propulsion System
Motor, inverters, and thermal management system
Wright's megawatt class, altitude-capable electric motors integrate seamlessly with Wright's inverters and thermal management system. Together, they make up Wright's full propulsion system, designed to be versatile and space-efficient.
- 2 MW
- 2x more powerful powertrain
- 75% lower weight
- 50% smaller size
- Designed for aviation, applicable to industrial, transportation, and defense applications
- Adaptable to multiple fuel sources
Wright's full propulsion system is compatible with any energy source, from batteries to fuel cells. It can serve other industries, from maritime to transportation.
EMAIL Wright →
Wright is interested in learning more about your high-performance requirements. Please contact Stephanie Goulet at email@example.com
to discuss how Wright can solve your high-performance challenges.